What is Queen City Kamikaze?
We are a convention with a variety of nerd options that is meant to be affordable and accessible. One Day Only. $10.
Why is this at a High School?
QCK is open for the public, this is not a event just for the students. It is located at Manchester Memorial because it has a layout we can use and the Manchester Video Game Club plans the event throughout the year. Various teams and clubs handle food sales at QCK and every year QCK raises thousands of dollars for the Memorial Community.
What Membership and Entrance to Queen City Kamikaze Involves:
Upon acceptance of Membership to QCK, members become responsible for their personal liability. If you somehow blow yourself up it is not QCK or the venue’s fault.
Membership Badges are required for entry into QCK and must be visible at all times. Membership Badges are non-replaceable, non-refundable, and non-transferable, but are sexy.
Acceptance of a Membership Badge constitutes consent to the use of the wearer’s image or likeness in any recording, transmission, or reproduction of QCK. You will likely be in the background of someone’s pictures.
Failure to comply with the published rules of QCK, including disruptive or inappropriate behavior, will result in the revocation of Membership and ejection from QCK. QCK may revoke membership and eject anyone from the convention at anytime for any reason without a refund.
General Convention Rules:
- Follow requests and directions of volunteers and staff.
- QCK and the venue are not responsible for personal items. Unattended and lost items will be turned over to proper authorities (Manchester Police will be present).
- Appropriate attire is required at all times, including shoes, pants/shorts/skirts, and shirts/tops.
- Each event room has limited space and seating. Seating is not guaranteed to any persons. Standing room is allowed only at the discretion of staff.
- Discrimination and/or harassment of any form will not be tolerated. There are a lot of weirdos here and you’re one of them, you don’t see us picking on you, do you?
- Do not hinder or obstruct the flow of foot traffic within the convention area.
- Individuals may be asked to remove large or unwieldy bags, props, or other accessories from the convention areas.
- Questions, concerns, or complaints should be brought to QCK staff as you see them or at the front entrance..
Props Policy :
- Real weapons are banned in the convention areas, regardless if they are functional or not.
- All fake and prop guns must have an orange tip, whether glued plastic or painted.
- All prop weapons must be inspected and peace-bonded upon entrance.
- Other props may be required to be inspected and peace-bonded at the discretion of QCK staff.
- Unapproved items should be left out in your vehicle.
- We won’t approve a prop prior to the convention.
- Fake guns and other prop weapons should not be carried outside the convention. Not only will there be MPD present but this is also held in a school building so be respectful. Common sense will dictate your props, if it is a scifi laser bazooka that is one thing but if it is a highly realistic gun, knife, sword bat, or anything that looks realistically dangerous you can’t bring it in.
- Remain in control of yourself and don’t do anything that wastes our time so that we have to talk to you.
- Don’t be fake violent, don’t real or pretend fight, don’t bump into people or bother other people
- Feet must be on the floor at all times.
- Alcohol and illegal substances.
- Wheeled items (excluding mobility assistance devices), including but not limited to:
- Revealing and/or offensive attire.
- Weapons, including:
Knives, firearms, and other weapons
Real guns (working, disabled, or otherwise).
Projectile weapons (pellet guns, airsoft rifles, pistols, disc guns, paintball markers, water pistols, or other liquid “weapons,” etc).
Metal blades (knives, swords, sharp items, etc).
Practice swords including bokens and kendo bamboo practice swords.
Chains, spikes, whips, leashes.
- Any other potentially harmful weapon, prop, or item as determined by police or staff.
- Smoke or fog machines or similar devices.
- Laser pointers or similar devices.
- Disruptive behavior, including but not limited to:
Screaming, shouting, or yelling.
Playing loud music or noise.
Horseplay or rowdiness.
Unsolicited physical contact.
Defacing or damaging any property.
Discrimination and/or harassment of any kind to anyone.
Obstructing the flow of foot traffic within the convention area.
Nudity and inappropriate attire.
Repercussions for Violations:
Any of the following repercussions may occur for violations, subject to the discretion of QCK and Facility staff.
- Verbal warning from staff.
- Confiscation of prohibited items. Confiscation may be permanent, or until the item can be safely removed from convention premises.
- Ejection from convention premises and revocation of Membership to QCK.
- Barring membership or admittance to future QCK events.
- Financial and legal responsibility for damages.
- Reporting to the Manchester Police Department for illegal activities or substances.Thanks to Anime Boston for most of the standardized rules. Come out and have fun but some of you don’t pick up on social cues well, so just make sure you’re not annoying anyone.
By using the QCK website you agree to the following terms:
- Though QCK will endeavor to keep personal and payment information safe, it is used at your own risk and we cannot be held responsible for data breaches or identity theft. Please contact your banking institution in the unlikely event of fraudulent activity.
- IP addresses are logged and attempts to defraud our payment system or harm our website in any way will result in prosecution.
- Payment acceptance does not denote acceptance of your QCK application. If your application is denied and payment has been made on our website, you will be refunded immediately upon application denial. Please allow 1-5 business days for refund.
- Acceptance of a Membership Badge constitutes consent to the use of the wearer’s image or likeness in any recording, transmission, or reproduction of QCK. You will likely be in the background of someone’s pictures, and any photos taken by staff during events or in the Photo Room can be used by QCK and affiliates.